Chatham Charter School will be closed for students and staff on Friday, February 27, due to lingering conditions from Wednesday night’s snow. Staff is in the process of discussing any makeup days if needed, but the administration can confirm spring break will not be affected.
Below are several announcements related to schedules that are affected by the weather. There are also a couple of new announcements staff had planned to make this week so please read them carefully.
• The middle school dance scheduled for Friday night, February 27, will be postponed until Friday, March 20, from 7:00-9:00 PM.
• The Science Fair will be postponed another week until Friday, March 6. The times for project turn-in, class visits, and the awards ceremony will be the same, just shifted to March 6th. See the school website announcement for details.
• The Saturday, February 28th, parent/student basketball game sponsored by the Athletic Boosters has been cancelled. Boosters are deciding when to hold the raffle that was also to be part of the event.
• Lunch orders: Bring your own lunch Monday and Wednesday,
March 2 and 4. If you have a lunch order
for Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Friday left from a previous week, it will be
carried over into the upcoming week for those same days. We anticipate being
back on our regular lunch order schedule as we return to school so lunch order
forms will be sent home with younger children on Wednesday, March 4, for the
week of March 9. All students will place
orders on Thursday as usual.
• The ACT will be given on Tuesday, March 3, as planned so juniors please continue to prepare for it using the materials Mrs. Root has given you.
• Student-athletes should stay in contact with their coaches about sports schedules for the upcoming week in case this week’s weather affects anything for the upcoming week.
• Tenth graders will attend a CCCC event on the morning of Friday, March 6. Please check Hear Ye, Hear Ye for details.
Chatham Charter School will be closed for students and staff on Thursday, February 26, due to snow. All school activities scheduled for Thursday will be postponed or cancelled. Please contact the people coordinating events if you have questions about any of them.
(As of 10:45 AM, Wednesday, February 25)
Administrators at Chatham Charter School are closely monitoring the weather forecast for Wednesday and Thursday, February 25 & 26. Should a delay/closing be necessary, a decision would either be made by 10:45 PM on Wednesday or in the six o’clock hour on Thursday.
Watch our website (www.chathamcharter.org) and social media pages (Facebook and Twitter), tune in to Siler City’s WNCA AM 1570 radio and area television stations (WFMY, Fox 8, WRAL, ABC 11, and News 14 Carolina), and be prepared for SchoolMessenger rapid communication announcements in staying updated on our school status during any potential school delay or closing.
This announcement will continue to be updated as needed.
Dr. Eldridge was on campus this afternoon and has driven today in multiple areas of the county. As a precaution in case of isolated spots of black ice, all Chatham Charter students and staff (K-11) will start the school day at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, February 25. (That means a one-hour delay for K-8 and a 15-minute delay for high school.) Starting at 9:00 should allow everyone to drive in daylight. The school will open at 8:30 AM to begin to receive students. The bus will be in Pittsboro between 8:00 and 8:15 AM to pick up riders. However, should conditions change overnight that cause a delay or closing, administration will communicate as early as possible with families and staff. Since the school draws from areas inside and outside Chatham County, as always please make the best decision for you and your family about traveling tomorrow.
(7:45 AM, Tuesday, 2/24/15)
Due to snow that has entered the area this morning, Chatham Charter School will be closed for students and staff on Tuesday, February 24.
School events and activities (Sophomore and Junior Family Night, athletic practices, etc.) will not be held today. The school will communicate updates on re-scheduling of postponed events later in the week.
Due to inclement weather the Chatham Charter Science Fair has been delayed until Friday, March 6. The deadline is for students to submit projects is Friday, March 6, at 8:00 AM on the mezzanine. That afternoon families are invited to view projects from 12:00-2:15 PM and attend the awards ceremony at 2:15 PM. Students in elementary and middle grades will also come through on a designated schedule before the ceremony to view projects and then attend the awards event.
Here are several important announcements for Knight families and staff:
Lunch this week
1) Everyone needs to bring his or her own lunch tomorrow (Monday, 2/23) since no orders were placed for last Monday when the school was closed for the Presidents’ Day holiday.
2) All orders from last week will be carried over to this week (Tuesday through Friday orders).
Sophomore and Junior Family Night
The Sophomore and Junior Family Night is scheduled for this Tuesday, February 24, from 6:30-7:30 PM in the high school building and will consist of three 20-minute, small group sessions. This is the only meeting scheduled this semester for these grade levels so please make every effort to attend. The RSVP process was hampered by last week’s winter weather so meeting coordinators are going to make schedules for everyone.
The school Science Fair has been postponed until Friday, February 27. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Leslie Ann Yell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Athletic Boosters
The parent/teacher basketball game has been re-scheduled for Saturday, February 28, at 5:30 PM with the raffle drawing at the game.
The Sophomore and Junior Family Night is scheduled for this Tuesday, February 24, from 6:30-7:30 PM in the high school building and will consist of three 20-minute, small group sessions. The topics focus on sharing timelines students and their families need to be prepared for over the course of 2015 (spring and fall semesters) and hand-on practice with the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) website. Virginia Brown, Director of Secondary Partnerships for CCCC, will be a sophomore session presenter, and will discuss the Career and College Promise (CCP) program pathways and entrance process.This is the only meeting scheduled this semester for these grade levels so students and their families are asked to make every effort to attend. The inclement weather threw off the RSVP schedule so it is not necessary at this point to RSVP.
See the agenda attached to this announcement for more details.
Due to the inclement weather the week of February 16th, the Parent/Student Basketball Game and cruise raffle drawing originally scheduled for Friday, February 21, has been rescheduled to Saturday, February 28. The events will begin at 5:30 PM with a Powder Puff Game.
The cruise raffle tickets cost $25.00 each. The Athletic Boosters have a goal of raising $10,000 during this fundraiser. Proceeds will go directly to benefit all athletics at the school.
Students who participated in winter sports were issued four tickets to sell (a total value of $100). All ticket money is due no later than Thursday, February 26.
Chatham Charter School will be closed for students and staff on Friday, February 20, due to lingering effects of this week’s winter precipitation, particularly icy secondary roads on which many of our families and staff would have to travel.
Continue to use the student Hear Ye, Hear Ye announcement page as your source for updated sports information.
1) Everyone needs to bring his or her own lunch Monday (2/23) since no orders with restaurants have been able to be placed for that day.
2) All orders from this week will be carried over to next week (Tuesday through Friday orders).
Other Friday Events:
1) The school Science Fair will be postponed a week until Friday, February 27.
2) The parent/teacher basketball game sponsored by the Athletic Boosters will be re-scheduled for Saturday, February 28, at 5:30 PM with the raffle drawing at the game.